Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery

Part of my responsibilities with my current firm are Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery for North American operations.  I'm fortunate that the North American headquarters are located in Houston because with hurricane season upon us, Management knows how important BC / DR is.  If you don't have Management buy-in, then you don't have any real chance at an effective BC / DR plan.  Hurricane Debbie reminded us all that storms can form and move fast in the Gulf of Mexico. This fact makes my job much easier because I get the resources I need (money, systems, and the will power to run actual stress tests) to get the job done.  An organization can not prepare for every possibility, but it can prepare for those that are most likely.  Put your resources where they will do the most good.

On a personal note, I've got BC/DR on the brain!  I'm seeing those letters in my sleep like the mops relentlessly marching in the classic Disney film 'Fantasia.' 



Rob

No comments: