Friday, September 25, 2009

Japan

I recently watched a re-run of Anthony Bourdain’s No Reservations show about Tokyo. Viewing it reminded me of the reverence I have for Japan and its people. I spent the last two years of high school in Japan and unlike some of the American that were there at the time, I took every opportunity to do things “off-base.” Roppongi, Sagamihara, Yamato, and Atsugi are names & places that will stay with me for the rest of my life - domo arigato.

What I liked best about Japan was that instead of talking smack, the Japanese let their actions speak for them (I guess you have to say it’s the exact opposite of Terrell Owens and his non-stop yammering). A quite calm and a fierce determination – never let your adversary known what you are thinking. Win or lose, give your adversary nothing.


Rob

No comments: