Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Change..........

I just posted to www.IthankW.com and gave my thanks for George W. Bush being Commander-In-Chief during my time in the US Navy. I think that time & history will be much kinder to him that what most of us have done during his time in office.

As for the new President, Barack Obama, I believe he has a tough road ahead. As smart & driven as he is, I don't know that even he can solve all the problems that face us. Instead, I think it will take the efforts of ordinary people to get this country back on track. I think that there are policy decisions that President Obama can make - fiscal policy, military decisions, foreign policy, and a domestic agenda. But in the end it will be about what we, as Americans, do for ourselves.

"Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country."

Rob

No comments: