Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A visit to SWT for a couple of alumni.....

My friend Bill Hunter and I went back to San Marcos for a look around to see what changes have taken place at Southwest (aka Texas State University at San Marcos). The town has grown and so has the school.

This is where I used to hang out a lot - the river. It was a nice day out and lots of folks were hanging around. The water was nice.


They had a student center that was so nice, I probably would have gone to it for study hall - well, maybe not. Who am I kidding, people that went to SWT when I did wouldn't study if you paid them!







This is what happens when old men go back to college hoping to relive the glory days. We'd been kicked out of every keg party, the sorority girls weren't interested at all, and we'd been walking up & down the hills at the campus for what seemed like hours - we were tired!




What's great about this picture is that Bill wore these same kinds of clothes when he was at SWT - the more things change, the more they stay the same!

No comments: