- Card Reader - devices that generate a password when a card is entered.
- Tokens: Key - sized devices that plug into a computer's USB port.
- Password generators - Tokens or devices to create one-time passwords.
- Biometrics - ID based on physical trait, like finderprints or retinal scans.
- Scratch cards - contain a fixed number of one-time passwords.
- Mutual authentication - customer and web site each provide information a phisher wouldn't know.
Wednesday, November 02, 2005
Follow up to multi-factor authentication
Tw0-Factor Authentication examples: